With so many kitchen design companies to choose from, picking the right one for you may seem a bit like trusting to luck. So, to help make your decision that little bit easier, here are eight facts we bet you didn’t know about Nicholas Hythe Kitchen Design Studio:
- When we say we’re proud to be local, it means we are local! The founders and directors, brothers Bill and Ross Halliday were born in the late 1960’s in the now non-existent Mill Road maternity hospital. We grew up in the Chesterton Road area of Cambridge, attending the then Brunswick junior and Chesterton comprehensive schools.
- The company got its name from an amalgam of the family name, Nicholas, and our grandparents’ home was in Castlehythe in Ely – hence, Nicholas Hythe
- Nicholas Hythe was formed in 2009, at the height of the financial crisis. We started with the purchase of a business in Stony Stratford near Milton Keynes but soon realised it was too small – and too far away – for us to meet our ambitions. In 2012, we moved into our current showroom premises in St Ives and have installed kitchens all over the east and south east of England and as far away as the south of France!
- In 2010, the brothers were joined by an experienced ex-colleague from another kitchen business, Paula Hazell. In 2014, Paula was promoted to the Board and is the voice of calm when, as things do, things go wrong. (Note to all businesses – having women make up at least 1/3rd of your Board of Directors brings a whole new, positive way of looking at your business!)
- We’re clear on what makes us different. If you trust us with your project, unlike many other companies, we’ll manage your whole project. From any building works required, right through to the final, finishing touches. You have a dedicated project manager who will ensure the project runs as smoothly and safely as possible so that you don’t have to worry about managing all the various contractors required.
- As of January 2021, we’re one of only 12 kitchen designers and installers NATIONWIDE to have been approved for inclusion in Trading Standards’ Buy with Confidence Scheme
- We’re proud – and work hard to maintain – our Google customers’ review rating of 4.7/5 (as of March 2021), one of the highest ratings for any local kitchen companies.
- We are Cambridgeshire’s only supplier of German brand Next125 kitchens and have a large area in our showroom dedicated to showing these stunning kitchens’ unique design features and functionality. We’re also one of only six Neff 5* MasterPartners® in Cambridgeshire
At Nicholas Hythe, our aim is to make the property renovation process as simple, efficient, safe and stress free for clients wanting to improve their family’s home. So, if you’re inspired and ready to start the process of buying a new kitchen, start thinking about what it might look like and how you want to use it. Ask yourself, what do you need and want for it to function for you and your family? If you need help on deciding what style to go for, check out kitchen designs that never go out of style. Advice and design ideas are also found all over the Web, including Nicholas Hythe kitchen pictures gallery, our entire picture library and customer reviews on Google, and many other sites such as Pinterest, Houzz. Or check out our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
Then when you’re ready, why not book an appointment with us, free and with no-obligation?